When it comes to men’s grooming, there’s no real consensus as to what most women want! Some women like the ultra-smooth, just shaven, smooth as a baby’s bottom look; others prefer the short beard stubble that shows you’re a mature man with style; whilst still others favour the full-blown beard with moustache, sideburns, the whole enchilada that says you’re a mature and established man… But one thing most, if not all women can agree on, is that the look that ranks lowest, like right at the bottom of the scale, is the caveman – maybe he could pass as an extra in the Flintstones, look!
Whatever your look, in this day and age, you cannot underestimate the significance of looking good, and more importantly, feeling good. So, where do you start?
The importance of men’s grooming
Some guys aren’t sure of the basics of male grooming and soon can find there’s a fine line between a regimen that will either leave you looking like a male top model, or a caveman who should be in the movie Castaway. And we understand that it’s a little awkward to ask for advice. Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered.
You don’t have to wait for your chest hairs to go out of control before you do anything about it. A daily routine will not only keep you looking fresh and neat but boosts your confidence and defines your personality. If you think it’s just about washing your face, clipping your nails, and brushing your teeth, there’s more to it. Read on to put your mind at ease and find out all you need to know to take the guess work out of men’s skincare and grooming.
6 Simple steps you can follow every day to become a pro at men’s grooming
Step 1: Invest in a good facewash for men
Are you using the same old soap to wash both your face and body? Or perhaps you’ve picked up your wife’s cleanser ‘cause it just smells good… Stop! A leading men’s face wash is different to normal soap in that it is formulated to the different needs of your skin as a male, and will help nourish, moisturise, and condition it. The recently launched Avroy Pure Men Fresh Face wash is loaded with Vitamins from A to E and has all the benefits you need in a men’s face wash, plus has aloe extract which helps calm irritated skin.
- Wet your face with warm water in the basin or in the shower.
- Apply a dollop (that’s an almond-sized blob of face wash) onto the palm of your hand and apply over your decolletage (that’s a fancy way of saying your face and neck area – think of the area that’s uncovered when you’re wearing a T-shirt).
- Rinse your face and pat dry.
Step 2: The right way to wash your body and care for your body hair
While it may be obvious that you need to wash your body daily, what’s not so obvious is that washing everyday will help you maintain the healthiest, clearest looking skin possible, whilst preventing blemishes and spots; and help you get smooth tamed body hair… if that’s your sort of thing.
When it comes to your body, Avroy Pure Men Body and Shave Gel, not only cleanses the body but also moisturises it, leaving your skin smooth and soft. This 2-in-1 product provides lasting freshness and is also gentle on your skin and body hair, leaving the hair soft and easy to cut when you need to shave, or gentle enough for her to run her hands through.
- Apply the body gel onto your sponge and wash all over your body.
- Pat dry your body after your bath with a clean towel.
- Now you’re ready to moisturise your body – jump ahead to step 4 to find out how to do this right.
- Oh, and here’s a bonus. We recommend using clippers and trimmers to cut down your beard, and body and nose hair at least once a week. Keep that hair under control gents.
Step 3: Get the perfect shave
After taking a hot shower (with the Avroy Pure Men Body and Shave Gel), try your best to get a close shave with a good, high-quality razor that won’t give you sore lumps and bumps after shaving.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel and then apply Avroy Pure Men Fresh Shaving Cream all over the area you want to shave. It is formulated to provide you with a gentle and close shave.
- Shave with your razor in one direction only – which is the direction in which your beard grows. Think of an elegant ballerina-like figure skater gliding over your face, not Tony Stark on a jet powered skateboard, please! Oh, and did we mention, shaving is also great as it helps gently exfoliate your skin and opens up your pores. So we recommend a good, clean, close shave.
- Once you’re done, rinse your face clean with hot water and pat dry.
- After washing your face, use a men’s facial moisturiser like the new Avroy Pure Ultra-Hydrating Moisturiser SPF15 with Sweet Almond Oil, to help keep your skin hydrated, protected, and conditioned. Not only will it hydrate your face, keeping it youthful by reducing the signs of ageing, but the SPF will help protect your skin from damage caused by harmful sun rays.
Step 4: Moisturise and take care of your skin
No one likes ashy skin. No one likes to look at it, or worse touch it. Talk about a mood killer with bae! Take care of your skin and make sure its hydrated.
- After your bath or shower, daily apply Avroy Pure Men Fresh Body Lotion all over your body. It has Vitamins A and E to give you healthy soft skin.
- Rub it into the skin by using circular patterns for deeply hydrated skin. Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, and ankles.
Step 5: Use the best male deodorants to stay fresh all day
Now that you’re done with washing and moisturising, you need to make sure you stay fresh all day long with leading products that work as hard as you do.
- Start by applying Avroy Pure Men Anti-perspirant roll-on under both the arms.
- Now spray the Avroy Pure Men Deodorant Spray under the arms and ever so lightly across the chest, for 48-hour long protection. These sporty deodorants will keep you smelling great and feeling confident all day.
Step 6: Feel scent-sational with our top pick of leading men’s fragrances
- Wear deodorant every day please but add a men’s fragrance to compliment your style. Check out best men’s scents here.
- Spray your EDP on each wrist and pat that into your neck daily, for a scent that captivates.
Deal of the month: The most-wanted grooming gifts for the handsome man
Be the first to shop the deal of the month, with Avroy Shlain from 7-13 November 2021. Get your hands on the special offer on page 84-85 of the brochure. Buy the herbal masculine scent – Black Diamond Extreme EDT for only R549 and get the Avroy Pure Men Pack with the Shower and Shave Gel, Shaving Cream, Anti-perspirant Spray, and Anti-perspirant Roll-On for free. That’s a R915 value – for free. While stocks last! Order Now
And there you have it! Your complete list of how to take care of yourself, look and feel good and all the products you need to pull it off. To get more great products and deals, check out this month’s Avroy Shlain brochure.